Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bad Luck or...a Curse??

I have never been one to believe in Witchcraft or any type of superstition. However, I am beginnning to wonder what on earth is happening!! I'll let you help me figure it out...call it an investigation!!
First of all, I was suppose to be getting promoted into a new position in the company...and I am sure eventually it will happen. But, due to another director being involved in illegal activity (thus being fired) and a few other directors being fired for other reasons. Unfortunately the shifting of people from one store to another did not include ME!! My opportunity to leave my store has been put on hold until we can find someone or train someone to run my store!!

Then the day before Jeff's Birthday; last week he lost his job!! It was a very complicated situation that involved his direct supervisor and his salesman. Jeff had been trying to work out some differences with his salesman (who is best friends with Jeff's direct supervisor). He thought things were getting worked out by the higher ups but apparently not in his favor. Basically, Jeff was fired and the friend of the supervisor stayed! Imagine that!! We have heard that the salesman recieved a final written warning and soon will be fired as well. We will see! So Jeff is back to looking for another job....hopefully with a comparable salary!!

Now, go back in time with me....to August...what happened in August?? Yes that is right Kasey broke his nose!! Okay...let's move on to September...what happened in September?? Yes right again Kennadie cracked her head open!! Ahh and now we have October.....ONLY 7 DAYS in....



This is Kylie's right arm!! One tech's hand is on her elbow, the other techs hand is on her hand!! The hand under her arm is where the break is!! This is the result of a cartwheel gone Very Bad!!


I recieved a call from my mom at 1:00pm yesterday informing me that my daughter was being transported by ambulance to Primary Childrens Hospital. Certainly not the type of phone call anyone wants to recieve!! I was SOOOO angry that I did not recieve a call from the school!! I checked my phone several times to see if somehow I had missed it and NOPE they never called me!! I am just So grateful that my mom was available to be with her!! Mom made it to the school as they were loading her in the ambulance. Then she followed them there...she called me as they were leaving the school...MY PHONE WORKED JUST FINE!!!! I actually made it to the hospital before the ambulance so I was relieved about that! Kylie was heavily medicated when she arrived and was happy and talking so that really put my mind at ease! After several hours they finally reset her arm (under anesthesia)! I was surprised at how straight they got her Radius bone. The Ulna wasn't as straight but the hope is that it will heal together just fine. She is in a Splint from her shoulder to her fingers and next Wednesday (the day before Kasey's surgery) she will have another Xray to make sure it didn't move. If it is still straight, they will put it in a hard cast. If not...well I don't even want to go that direction!! Here is what the Xray looked like.....

Pretty Narly Eh!!!
Today she has been pampered by Me and Jeff and for the rest of the week she will be home with Jeff!! She may be able to return to school on Monday!! She is doing okay other than some pain but she is actually pretty upbeat about the situation. She Claims she will never do another Cartwheel!! I give her 3 weeks from getting the cast off!!
I promise to bring better news in my next blog!! Keep Kylie in your prayers!!
Love Ya!!



4 comments:

Jess said...

okay you win! mine just got stitches! hey dude we probably just missed each other in the ER! I got there about 6. Hope she's doing better, and that she'll be doing cartwheels soon!

ejrowsell said...

AHHH! Maybe you guys shouldn't leave the house. Oh wait, Kasey's accident happened at your house... Seriously! I am so sorry!

Deveryjane said...

Your next post better be positive. I get depressed everytime I read your blog! You guys seriously are having some bad luck. Don't rub it off on Danny. He is not allowed to hang out with Jeff untill you get this all out of your system. Hahaha... just kidding. But seriously I'm going to put your kids in a bubble so they don't break any bones for a few months! Love ya

Allie Thornbrue said...

That break looks pretty excruciating. Sorry about the job situation.