Sunday, May 23, 2010

14 Years!!!!

Wow! Can you believe it has been 14 years since Jeff and I were married!!! Crazy eh? For this post I thought I would go back in time....to the day Jeff and I met.

It was our Sophmore year of High School at Bingham High. We were both on the Debate team. We each had Debate class during different periods of the day. So, we didn't really know everyone on the team. At least not in the beginning. My best friend Ammie kept telling me about this boy in her class. Finally, one day she dragged me into the debate room to meet him. When we walked in there Ammie introduced me to Jeff and Kara. I immediately thought Kara was Jeff's girlfriend...I was a little disappointed. Ok so I was alot disappointed...cuz he was quite the hottie!! Turns out Kara was just his debate partner. After that day Ammie and I would hang out with Jeff during every tournament. I sure did like him...I did have a boyfriend at the time, so it was more just a natural attraction thing.

Shortly after we met Jeff had told me that he was taking ballroom dancing classes. I was kinda jealous...the girl he was supposed to go with was one of my friends. Well, turns out she couldn't make it to the classes...so Jeff invited me. Quite a few of the debators were also taking these classes...

After I think the second lesson, Jeff and I really started to like each other. We hid between two of the vending machines to talk. He even gave me a peck on the cheek...I broke up with my boyfriend so I could date Jeff. We shared our first kiss a couple weeks after that, at the top of the stairs by the history department.

Right around Valentines Day we were going on the Annual Debate Tour in California. Jeff and I rode together on the bus ALL the way to California. We talked, we cuddled, we talked some more...then throughout the entire trip we were inseparable!! Jeff bought me a necklace while we were there. It had red rhinestones in the shape of a heart...I loved it!! On Valentines day he gave it to me...and we went to dinner(with our team) at the Wharf in San Francisco. It was awesome...I LOVED him!!

Ok so, this story can't be perfect....and neither can I. I will reveal to you what happened..although I am not proud of it.

So, about half way home from California..Ammie and I were invited to join the Senior boys at the back of the bus. Ugh...so I ditched Jeff and sat with the Seniors the remainder of the ride home. Trust me, he will never let me live that down.

Once we were home from the trip...I had my friend Samantha break up with Jeff for me...terrible I know.

Our Junior year of High School, we didn't really associate much...I had a new boyfriend and he had a new girlfriend. As a matter of fact....he had even plotted with Samantha(during a time her and I weren't getting along) to put cow manure in my car!! Luckily, they never did.

We saw each other on the day we were registering for our Senior Year of high school...we talked a little about our boyfriend/girlfriends. Jeff and I really always had a connection...I just don't think we knew what it was or how to act on it.

During our Senior year, Jeff shared a locker with his friend Jeremy. Jeremy's locker was right by mine. My boyfriend had graduated the year before, so I was never with boys at school. However, Jeff would take Jenny to the locker and I swear, they would make out right in front of me just to make me jealous!! GRRR!! During this school year, Jeff and I had started talking...almost confiding in each other about life, and especially our love lifes. When Brandon and I would fight, I would go talk to Jeff...When Jenny and him would fight, he would come to me. We actually did this through most of our Senior year...and several months after graduation.

On September, 29th 1995; Jeff called me to invite me on a date. Of course I said yes...knowing that I still had a boyfriend, after all it was an innocent date! Jeff took me to a restaraunt called Shoney's, for dinner. Then we went to see Dangerous Minds in the theater. During the movie we both sat with our arms folded. Then we went to Red Robin for dessert after the movie. We sat and talked at Red Robin, playing finger football with the paper coasters. We were there until they closed at 1am. Jeff took me back home and gave me the biggest hug ever!!! I wished him a Happy Birthday and he left. I closed the door to my parents house and pretty much collapsed against the wall. I knew I loved him....I knew I was to be with him...it was the BEST date either one of us had ever been on.

The very next day I was supposed to go to the circus with my friend Brandee...but I really wanted to take Jeff. So, I went and bought a card and a rose..took them to Jeff's house and asked him if he would go to the circus with me. He turned me down....he said he was going to Dinner at Mulboons with his girlfriend Jenny. He proceeded to tell me that the only reason we had gone out the night before, is because Jenny had told him she wouldn't take him out for his birthday if he didn't go on a date with someone else first. UGH!! My heart ached!!!

I think it was sometime in October that my mom had gone to a psychic...the psychic had told her that I would finally get out of my bad relationship with Brandon and meet up with someone from my past. And that I would be married within five months of reconnecting. I called Jeff and told him and we both just laughed it off.

And that was the last I had heard from him......Until January 6th 1996. Jeff called me around 5pm that day...he said "guess what I got?" I obliged..he said..."why don't I come over and show you?" I then flipped back to the other line where I had been talking to Ammie about our plans for the night. I told Ammie she had to come over right away...so she did. When Jeff showed up at my parents house....I was instantly in love again!! He took Ammie and I outside and showed us his awesome Chevrolet Silverado!! After we talked for a bit, I told him Ammie and I needed to get ready...we were going dancing that night.

Jeff said he was going to ice cream with his family but maybe he would show up at the dance later. Of course I didn't believe him....

Ammie and I had been at the dance for a while...I was dancing with some guy I had met the week before at another dance. The song playing was "I cross my heart" by George Strait. I looked over and saw Jeff in the center of the dance floor...standing alone...staring at me. I instantly broke the hold this guy had on me and walked away right in the middle of the song. I walked and then ran right into Jeff's arms!! At that moment...NO ONE was in that room besides us. It truly was a magical moment!!!

We were married.....5 months later!!!!!
And our "First Dance" at our wedding was to "I cross my Heart" by Geaorge Strait.

And thus began our life as Mr. and Mrs. Jeffrey Clark

3 comments:

Eichelle said...

And she was supossed to come to college with me... Instead she showed up at my apartment with a BOY (that I had known FOREVER, so at least it was some stranger!) and a RING and told me she was getting MARRIED!! Sigh.. DOGGED!!!
Congrats on 14 years!
LUV YA!!

Sammy said...

Great story and yes you were a bad girl.. haha

Sharla said...

Wow, congrats on all of your years together!!! Get-together stories are always fun to read!! :)