Sunday, August 31, 2008

Kasey's Surgery!

Kasey is such a brave young man!! He was so patient waiting for them to come get him for surgery...5 hours!! We watched "The son of the Mask" in his hospital room! He picked Watermelon for the flavor of Anesthesia!! They warned us that he may wake up really cranky! Boy were they WRONG!! He was wired!! He was wide awake when I went into recovery to see him!! We only spent 2 hours in the RTU before they finally released him!! The Doctor said they did the best they could and feel that they were able to get good mobility during the surgery! We won't know the outcome until they take off the splint in two weeks! He will have to wear a face guard for an entire month!!! He will be fitted for that tomorrow!! His only complaint has been that he isn't allowed to blow his nose!! I have to tell you the funniest story.... So once we got situated into a room at the hospital, the nurse came in and told him that if he had to go to the bathroom he had to pee in the container....you know the one sitting on the counter. Finally after about 10 minutes I could tell he was really restless, so I asked him what was wrong. He said "Mom I really have to Pee" I said..."well the nurse said you have to pee in that container" He said "Nevermind I can wait". Finally it dawned on me why he was so nervous... I said..."Hey pal you can take that into the bathroom to pee in it" Oh he was thrilled.....He jumped up, grabbed the container and I swear pee'd for 5 minutes straight!! The poor kid really had to pee!! When we were walking out of the hospital that night he was SOOO Hyper!! He was skipping out of the place!! Here are some pictures!

Waiting for Surgery!!



Skipping out!! Watching T.V Anxious to go home!
Be sure to catch previous posts!!

No comments: