Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We LOVE Firemen!!!

This story actually proves that we live in such a small world!! Each person that we come in contact with, will at some point play a role in our lives.

Case and point: Some 25 years ago I made friends with a little boy and girl that lived about a block away from us. I won't say by accident, but the circumstances not an everyday occurance. When I was 6 years old there was a neighbor that had gone out of town. That neighbor had asked me to keep an eye on their dog While they were gone. I don't recall the type of dog...only that it was alot bigger than me. Well, the dog managed to get through the fence one day that I went over there. So I chased the dog down the street. The dog went to a duplex about a block away and there was a little girl outside in her front yard. Gabrielle lived across the street from Scott and Leslie. They were brother and sister..Scott was 4 and Leslie was 2. We all played together pretty much everyday..Best of friends!! See, back then playing outside was the Norm! When I was 11 years old my family moved away. I still talked to all of them once in a while until eventually the phone calls and visits ceased. Then when I was 17 years old I really wanted to find Scott and Leslie! So I called every single number in the phone book with their last name...which
is a common one! Eventually I found them and we talked on the phone for a very long time!

Then I tried to find their house...at 17 I sure didn't know my way around the valley. I never did find there house..and again we went without talking. Then when I was 21 I went on the search again!! I found them!! We talked on the phone and we even set Leslie up on a date with Jeff's brother Brad!! I don't recall what we ended up doing on that date...I only remember we were supposed to go to a Baseball game..but it was rained out. Leslie and I talked off and on and when Kasey was maybe a year old we went to visit her whole family!! Leslie and I continued to keep in touch once in a while. After a couple years went by I found her again...this time little Leslie was Married and about to have her first baby!! So we got back in touch and every month for about a year I would go visit her!! Then it was back to our busy lives and we lost touch.....Fast Forward...

Some of you may recall last year when Kennadie had a Grand Mal seizure in her sleep and had to be revived by paramedics....fast forward again....A couple months ago when Kylie broke her arm she was transported by ambulance to the hospital.


Well, a couple weeks ago I found Leslie on Facebook!! YEAH!!! As it turns out Scott is a Paramedic....IN WEST VALLEY!!! So Leslie got me in touch with Scott..SO AWESOME!! Although Scott himself was not one of the paramedics to respond to either of my girls...we thought it was AWESOME that he is part of the department that did!!


As a Thank You for all of their service in the community, we decided to do a service project for them!! We took them dinner last Thursday night!!! The kids had an absolute BLAST!! While we were there Scott let them play Fooz Ball, slide down the fire pole, get in the ambulance and put on The special Fire Clothes!!! Then he had the dispatcher sound the alarm and welcome the kids to the Fire Station!! It was a SPECTACULAR experience!! The kids wrote the firemen special Thank You Notes!! Thank You So Much Scott and all of the West Valley City Fire Department!!!


Enjoy the pictures....


Kylie, britton and Kennadie in the Fire Truck!!


Kasey, Kennadie and Kylie, Dressed for the occasion!





Kennadie, Kylie, Scott and Kasey!

This Experience has proved to me that I need to make a special place in my heart for every person I come in contact with!! That 4 year old boy that I met 25 years ago was part of a team that saved one of my children's lives and comforted another when she was in pain! So amazing to me!!

No comments: