Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cheesecakes with Grandma!

Today has been a great Saturday!! Kylie was gone to a slumber party last night and Kasey and Kennadie had a sleepover at Andria's. We had stayed up late (11:00pm) playing poker with Andria and Shane; so we were pretty tired!! Jeff and I slept in until almost 11:00am!!! It felt sooo good!! Then we went to the store to get supplies to make 4 cheesecakes for David's homecoming!! David is Jeff''s youngest brother!! He has been serving a mission in Canada for the last two years!! We enjoyed the peaceful visit to the grocery store...and then we bravely went to Bed Bath and Beyond! I say bravely because we could so easily spend a fortune in there...but we knew we had to refrain!! We only came out of there with one item NOT on our list!! Washclothes!! A much needed extra! My mom came over around 1:00pm to help me get the chessecakes done! Actually it ended up being more of a Grandma and kids project, as I was kinda banished from the process! It was actually alot of fun! We turned up the radio and jammed to the music while mixing and mixing and mixing!!! Jeff was nice enough to mow the lawn for me while I "slaved" away in the kitchen...haha!! After we were done mixing, we cleaned up the mess and started the baking process!! Mom left once we got things cleaned up and then we started on the weekend cleaning of the bedrooms!! Kylie had gotten in the shower while we were cleaning the kitchen..when she got out she started complaining about stomach cramps!! By the time she made it to her room, she was on the floor in tears!! Now she is laying on my bed with a heating pad on her tummy!! Jeff went to the store to get her some Midol!! Needless to say...her room didn't get cleaned!! I would like to believe that it was just an excuse to not get her room done....but I remember the days of having cramps!! What a rotten way to start the summer!! Well, I suppose I should go get ready to head to the airport!! YEAH!! David is coming home!!

No comments: