Friday, June 6, 2008

Schools Out!!

Ahhh At Last!! No more school for the kiddles!! We can finally go to work without worrying about whether the kids make it to school ok!! That probably sounds worse than it really is!! For the past month, one of us has had to go in later to work!! We would have to wake Kylie up and get her in and out of the shower by 7:00am!! Then Kylie would be responsible for waking Kasey and the bug up and making sure they are ready for school when Andria picked them up!! For the most part she did a great job!! Prior to moving in to our house...I would go to work at 5am and go home at 7:30 to wake them up, get them ready and drive them to West Valley and then drive back to work!! We can't wait until next year!! School hours have changed for next year!! Now they will go to school at 8:00am!! We will still have to wake Kylie up early to make sure she is up and moving before we leave, but, at least they will leave right after we do!!

Kylie has made friends with this girl that lives next to Andria....they are inseparable!! Her name is Kallee!! They have sleep overs as often as possible and go everywhere they can with each other!! Yesterday my niece, Sharnae graduated from high school. Kylie was so upset when we said that Kallee could not come to the graduation with our family!! I have allowed her once or twice to miss family functions for friends...however, I have to draw the line somewhere!!

I forgot to write in my last blog about when I surprised Kasey!! My work was having a special event meeting with a special speaker.....CARLOS BOOZER!!! Originally Jeff was going to go with me but he got caught up at work...so I surprised Kasey and took him!! He got to shake his hand and get his picture taken with him!! My store won a home jersey and naturally I gave it to Kasey!! He had Carlos sign it!! It was a fun experience...I am glad that I took him!

Wednesday was Kasey's field trip....to the POOL!! I was very nervous about letting him go...I couldn't consciously keep him from going...so I arranged to leave work early to go with him!! His teacher protested my attending...however I just showed up at the pool!! He had SO much fun with his friends!! He even went on the high dive!!! I know he is a great swimmer...but ever since I found a guy in the bottom of the pool...I am quite leery about swimming pools!!

So, I have to share a funny story!! Today when I was at work...I happened to glance out the window just in time to watch a lady ram her car into the pillar at one of the fuel tanks!! To make matters worse...she backed up and did it again!!!! Then she nonchalantly got out of her car and filled up with fuel!!! Good thing is, hardly any damage was done to my pillar....bad thing is....there was a nice dent in her car!! People were staring at her the whole time!! At first I wondered if she was drunk but she acted perfectly normal....just not very observant to her surroundings!!

Well, Kylie is with Kallee, Kenna is with Grandma Low and Kasey and Dylan (Andria's son) are wanting to play the computer!! I suppose I will go relax and lay down for a bit!!

No comments: