Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Weekend...

This weekend was probably the best we have had in a long time!! Friday night we went to my Great Nephew's first birthday party...so CUTE!! Saturday morning Jeff got called in to work for a couple of hours...UGH!! Then we took the kids to my parents house for their fun sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa!! That is when my weekend really started!! After we dropped the kids off we were supposed to go home and clean..."UMM HELLO!!" we said. No kids, no work....MUST SLEEP!! So we crashed for an hour!! We met some friends down at the Jazz Festival in downtown Salt Lake. We had never been to it so we were a little excited! While we were there I managed to get strawberry juice on my WHITE shorts! I rationalized saying it would cost more to drive home and change than to just take trax over to gateway and find another pair. HEHE!! I was right though! I found the cutest white shorts at Abercrombie for only $18!! We went back to the festival after wandering through Gateway for a while!! Around 9:30 we decided that we needed to go dancing!! I am not really the type to just sit and listen to music...Jazz especially!! So we went on the search of a fun place to dance. SOOO....I don't recommend randomly choosing a place!! We accidently ended up in an alternate lifestyle club for men! So after we realized what it was (luckily before we paid)...we took off. Jeff was quite uncomfortable...to say the least!! We ended up going to Port O Call! An interesting place but the music was awesome!! It was a live band and they were playing alot of music from the 90's and Neil Diamond and just really awesome music! We danced together for hours!! It was an amazing time!! We picked up the kids sunday afternoon...just in time to take them to another birthday party! Then to end up my weekend the perfect way...I got to babysit my sweet Great Nephew!! So...that was our awesome weekend!! I love reconnecting with my husband!! We get so caught up in work and kids that we often forget about each other!! We are going to strive to be a better couple during the week and not just on the weekends!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I havent been dancing in oh, 8 years... Can't say I was ever very good at it anyway..
Glad you had a good time..