Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Timpanogos Cave!!










So as part of our summer fun with the kids, we trekked up to Timp Cave! Actually, we have been wanting to go for a very long time, we just never did it! Well, when I woke up on Saturday morning; I sat up in bed and said "today is the day we go to the cave". Jeff was obviously confused as to that comment, so I had to explain! A few hours later we were on our way!! As we were packing for our day in the mountains, we received the call...Angie was having her baby!! We knew she didn't really want alot of people up there so we voted to go ahead with the hike and go to the hospital later. We were SOO glad we did that!! When we got up to the trail there was a 2 hour wait just to start the hike!! So we went accross the street and had lunch by the river!! We started our hike at about 3:00. It was a little tough but we all managed just fine. Jeff and I agreed that within 10 minutes Kennadie would be asking to get on his shoulders. She lasted 12 minutes!! So periodically throughout the hike he would lift her up on his shoulders!! What A Trooper!! We took Kallee up with us of coarse!! We got up to the Cave at 4:20pm!! We only had to wait about another 10 minutes before we got to start the tour of the cave!! While we were waiting Kasey had a Chipmunk run across his foot!! So Fun!! The cave was awesome inside!! Very cold but so worth it!! The kids thought it was "AMAZING"! When we came out of the cave Kylie put her arm around me and said "that was amazing mommy" then she said "I can't wait to tell my class about my awesome summer"! We were sooo happy when she said that! Kylie is getting older so it is getting harder and harder to convince her that family activities are still fun!! The hike down was a little tough on my head. With each step it was like a pounding in my head!! I made it and when I got home I for sure took some meds!! We stopped at Arctic Circle on our way home for dinner and shakes!! It was an awesome day!!! We did not make it up to the hospital that night but I went up the next day!! I LOVE babies!! He is sooo adorable!!



No comments: