Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lake Powell!!

We just spent the last 4 days in Lake Powell!!! What an awesome break!! Friday I went in to my store at 1:00am to get all of my reports done and my daily books done; I finished around 3:30am. My morning baker was suppose to be there by then but didn't show up until 4:30am. So I didn't get home until 5:00am. Once I got home I woke Jeff and the kids, loaded the car and off we went!! I hadn't had any sleep so the plan was that I would sleep in the car...ha ha!! We met Jeff's parents at their house at 6:00am and by 7:00am we were on the road to Lake Powell!

I finally fell asleep around Hanksville and slept the rest of the way there!! Once we got there we loaded up the houseboat and I finished up some last minute work related phone calls..then the phone service is gone and the vacation begins!!! Here are some fun pictures....


Kasey Diving off the Diving board on top of the houseboat!!


Jeff still has game!! Check out that wall of water!!

One of the big things in Jeff's family is water sports!! They all seem to have the gift of water skiing, wake boarding and slolemn skiing. I do well just to take their pictures!! I am not really big on water sports myself! Luckily for my kids...they all have the gift!! This was Kennadie's first time trying to water ski...and look what she can do!!...


UP for the first time!!!


And staying up on her first try!!!!


Talk about PROUD parents!!! It was so awesome to see her be brave enough to try it!! Kasey was like that when he first learned how!! Kylie got up..for a second and refused to try again!!



Kasey did really well for not getting out last year!!


Jeff's sister Melissa was sweet enough to take her puppy with her....oh and her friend went to...with her puppy!! The puppies are brother and sister and are the cutest things in the world!! SSHH don't tell doc!! We are getting our puppy or puppies in 2 1/2 months!! We can't wait!! We are trying to find another breeder to get a boy puppy from but if we can't then we will just get two girls from this new litter. When our puppies are born and we can bring them home they will be named Thunder and Lightning!! Here is an adorable picture of Maxi and Elliott...


Maxi is on the left, Elliott on the right!!

Jeff and I even took out some alone time and went exploring on the wave runner!! We found this awesome rock formation...it totally looks like Optimus Prime on Transformers!!
Can you see the face, the arm, the body...kinda neat!!


Well, I am sure I could write for hours on our trip but I will leave you with just one last picture!!

This was our view from the living room window!! Enjoy!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO neat!!!

It looks fun and packed with irreplaceable memories...simply GREAT!

I particularly liked the one of you...wait a sec...there isn't one of you...ah, I see, you're the one holding the camera.

Welcome back home. Love you Much!
dad

Jess said...

FUN times! Good break I'm sure. Way to go Kenna!

Jess said...

I put you on my blog list, hope you don't mind. I say we TOTALLY do Timp baby! just let me know where and when!!! wouldnt that be so cool?:>