Monday, February 9, 2009

Hang on a little tighter!

The last couple weeks have been just yanking at my heart strings!! So much that I almost can't even type this....my eyes are blurry with tears!! Over the years I have learned that my family is the absolute most important thing in my life!! Moving away to Mesquite two years ago really defined the importance of family for me! So much that after being away from the most important people for only 9 months...I had to move back to Utah (yes that is why we came back)!

Since we have been back, my sister and I have become extremely close!! She has been my ROCK through everything that has happened in the last two years. Andria and I live a block away from each other...the BEST arrangement EVER!! We (including spouses) climb up on her huge king size bed to watch movies together!! Good Times!!

Two weeks ago she had a hysterectomy, came home and two days later was back in the hospital with an infection. They had to do another surgery to try to clean it out. Unfortunately, she continued to get sicker! Wednesday the doctor had decided she would need a blood transfusion. That night I was taking Sydney and Dylan up to the hospital to visit her in the hospital...

As I was turning off of bangerter onto 90th south, the song "I'll stand by You" by Carrie Underwood came on the radio. I completely LOST IT!! Tears just fell heavily from my eyes and I was practically sobbing. Sydney (who is very in tune with peoples feelings) said..."your crying for my mom huh?" Oh, how I Love Sydney!!!!!!!

I waited patiently that night for Shane to take them home, so I could have my sister to myself (selfish I know). My sister and I had a great heart to heart talk!! My sister is such an amazing example for me! I absolutely LOVE HER!!!!

I am happy to report that her body responded well to the transfusion and the infection has subsided and she is home!!!!! Please Hang on Tighter to your family!! You never know when they will be called home!!

No comments: