Thursday, February 12, 2009

What not to do....

So, often times parents panic when they see their child choking on something! Unfortunately, my parents weren't here to panic and beat the heck out of my back! Twice in the last month I have choked on my food! And, as it turns out...you are supposed to cough ALL of it out of your windpipe and lungs! A couple days ago I started getting a really bad chest pain! It would worsen when I laughed, took a deep breath or coughed. I went to the doctor today after heeding to my husbands insistance! The doctor ordered an x-ray...and wouldn't you know it...

A pocket of fluid has built up in my left lung....most likely caused by a crumb or piece of food stuck in there!!! So, for the next 3 or 4 days I get to take Ibuprofen to see if the inflammation around it will allow me to hack it back up! If it is still painful, I get to have a CT Scan to help them decide if I will need to have it sucked up through a tube down my throat!!

As if that wasn't enough....my loving doctor says to me "my son had this happen when he was 2 years old". How freaking embarrasing!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

poor Charity! I choke on my own spit all the time. I'm cool like that! Hope the anti-inflammatory works for you!