Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chess anyone?

A couple months ago Kennadie brought home a paper about a Chess tournament. I kinda just ignored it cuz really I didn't know she was interested in Chess. A couple days before the tournament Kenna said "Mom I really need to register for the tournament". I asked her if she even knew how to play chess and she said "Yes, I play everyday during recess". Ok so I sure dont get Mother of the Year award! Who knew?? Well, I got her registered for the tournament and we spent an entire Saturday watching hundreds of elementary kids play...or should I say..fight to play Chess. It was amazing to me to see how intense this event was. This was a regional tournament, so there were kids there from all over the valley. Kasey's third grade teacher had a kid in the tournament. When his kid didn't win one of the matches, he flipped out on the judge. We saw a totally different side to that man!! Too Funny! Kennadie did Awesome in this tournament! There were hundreds of kids there and at least 30 of them were second graders. We got to watch from windows separating the rooms. She was so fun to watch...she really got into it!! She came out of there so happy...and we were just SO proud of her!! She took 10th place of all the second graders. She is now on the school Chess club and plays every day! We look forward to her next tournament.



No comments: